Preliminary 2016-2017 enrollment data for Missouri public schools are out! These data are still being finalized, but can give us a pretty good idea of what’s happening in our district in the meantime.
Click here or on the below graphic for an updated overview of public school enrollment trends within KCPS boundaries, including breakdowns by sector, grade segment, and public school type.
Here are a few highlights from the 2016-2017 school year:
- Total public school enrollment increased by 3%, to 25,839 K-12 students.
- KCPS enrollment declined by 2%, to 14,240 students. 55% of all public school students attend KCPS schools.
- Charter sector enrollment increased by 8%, to 11,599 students. Charters now represent 45% of public school enrollment.
- 50% of all kindergarten students attend charter schools.
- Nearly 60% of all public school students attend a public school, either KCPS signature or charter, that requires an application to attend.
You can find the raw enrollment data, by both district and building, on DESE’s website.